Friday, June 5, 2015

Birthday Banner!



Okay, so I have a similar blog a few posts back but I left out a few pictures so I'm just going to do a quick step by step! 


First, cut out your scrapbook paper / cardstock (I measured it and cut each piece 3") you'll need two 3" pieces of cardstock for each complete circle. Then I used my cricut to cut out each circle (they are 4 1/2 " on the cricut) 

 
Then I accordion folded each piece of cardstock. 


Next, hot glue your two pieces of paper together. 

Hot glue the other side as well


It should look like this! 


Lay your acordion circle flat 


Then hot glue down the inner circle. Hold it here for about a minute, so it lays down flat.  


Next, add your letter! These are from hobby lobby for $1 each


& repeat! :)


Use a hole punch and punch a hole in each side to string your banner. 


I used tulle for mine! (Yarn, ribbon, anything will work) I purchased from hobby lobby for $1.29 a yard. A yard of each color should be enough for your entire banner.  


String your tulle. NOTE: be super careful! I ripped about 3 of them in the process!


Tie a little bow...


& ta-da! 


 I promise is it seriously as easy as it looks! Here's the finished banner.


Good luck & happy crafting!
Xoxo, Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment