Sunday, May 31, 2015

4th of July wreath!


Alright here we go! So I had a totally different vision but sometimes you get new ideas and change everything ;p
First, I purchased the welcome sign and popsicle, ribbon, and wire from Wood Creations Crafts. Such an adorable store!!  I got the paint, modge podge, brushes, and glitter from Michael's. 


((Here's my finished Popsicle: TAKE 1!))


       Side note:: my daughter loves crafts just as much as I do. Makes my heart happy! So we both get to be creative together. Except I don't get to be naked when I do them. Haha. 


Okay back on track, the other day I decided to stop by Michael's (which can be very dangerous) & ended up with all these goodies to make a wreath! I decided on red, white, & blue for Summer. Nothing says Summer like 4th if July!! 

•flowers on sale $1.99 each (I picked out bigger flowers and smaller. For one exactly like this you need to buy 3 of the larger and 2 of the smaller ones)
•glittery deco mesh $3.99
•18" wreath circle $2.99 (originally $4.99 but used a 40% off coupon found on their website) 


Then I decided on repainting my Popsicle red. Good thing it wasn't a huge pain because I like it a lot better! I just sanded it a little then used red acrylic paint purchased from Michael's for .69 cents. I always like to lay out a few things and change it around a little bit to get an idea of what I'm going to do before I hot glue it all. 


Here's a work in progress... I just hot glue the stem of the flower and stick it to the wreath. How you want to arrange your flowers is totally up to you!


Here's the flowers and deco mesh all finished! If you just wanted to stop here, the wreath would cost you under $20 :)


Just an FYI: I indivually cut each piece of deco mesh and hot glue it. This save a ton on product!


Then I attached the welcome sign and Popsicle with wire and a little hot glue & here's a great wreath for the Summer!!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Happy Sunday & happy crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment